Friday, January 20, 2006

Kill Your Television

Remember my New Year's Resolution to not watch more than 5 hours of TV per week? That was the best New Year's Resolution I've ever made. Here's what I've been doing for the past 20 days:

1. Going to bed early
2. Getting up without the alarm (most days) and going to the gym
3. I've lost almost 15 pounds
4. Watching LOST on Wednesdays and loving every freakin' minute of it


Last night I watched Four Kings for the first time. It was ok, but I'd rather be sleeping. Plus, they showed the same stupid commercial at EVERY. SINGLE. BREAK. And, The Office wasn't even funny. I'm hoping it was just a bad episode, and it's not me losing my sense of humor. Is it me, or does it smell like updog in here?

I might just start watching TV shows on DVD's. I added all eleventeen discs of the first season of 24 to my netflix queue. Sure, anti-TV purists might argue that this violates my resolution, but my rule all along was that movies don't count, and since this is coming from Netflix, it's ok.

I don't miss American Idol. In fact, I'm not even tempted to watch a single bad audition. I think my mother is right. Maybe that show is only for thirteen year old girls.

Now if I could just finish the book that Jane lent to me on the 4th of July, I'd really feel like a genius.

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 at 4:53 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Don't worry... you are allowed to watch 24 on DVD. Besides, it is only the BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION.

 
At January 20, 2006 at 6:31 PM, Blogger Effie said...

You mean, Second Best. Right? Don't make me send Mr. Eko after your ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home